From dreaming of sailing, to dream sailing. I have built boats, sailed boats and read about boats. My other passion is photography. There are possibly too many sailing & photography blogs already, so one more can't hurt…
Now I'm building a Class Globe 5.80.
There are no small boats, only small sailors.

Saturday, February 28, 2015


The Stream at the bottom of the Field.



The day our mother was buried,



I walked down the fields,



To the stream where we played as children,



A stream you could step over,



But to a boy of six, it was the Amazon.








3 comments:

  1. My condolence Jim... I buried my mother last Easter, know the feeling. Very nice post & pics... reminded me of my young days when you said it looked as Amazon in your eyes...... all the world looked different then - through the eyes of our early youth.... cheers, Zoran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,

    It's not something I thought I would have done, but when you re-visit childhood places, the passage of time and our changed view of the world becomes even more apparent.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete