From dreaming of sailing, to dream sailing. I have built boats, sailed boats and read about boats. My other passion is photography. There are possibly too many sailing & photography blogs already, so one more can't hurt…
Now I'm building a Class Globe 5.80.
There are no small boats, only small sailors.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Smuggler standing like a little duck






Like a little duck standing on her two legs, my little pocket sailor, Smuggler, all 19 ft of her.

Is a boat ever ready to be floated ?  she was ready enough in late November 2014, so I launched her in The Grand Canal Basin, in Dublin and motored her around to Poolbeg Marina to raise her mast and put her on a mooring on The Liffey. Many thanks to Jimmy and Darragh and a beautiful, calm day.

I was looking around on websites during the autumn for a little cruiser and my eyes fell on this Sadler Seawych, lying on The Grand Canal and she reminded me of a little Ming Ming, of Robert Taylor fame. So I did the deal, had her lifted by truck and brought home to my front garden. She was basically very sound and just needed a little TLC, but it still took two months.

3 comments: