From dreaming of sailing, to dream sailing. I have built boats, sailed boats and read about boats. My other passion is photography. There are possibly too many sailing & photography blogs already, so one more can't hurt…
Now I'm building a Class Globe 5.80.
There are no small boats, only small sailors.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Currach on the Liffey

Coming back to my mooring yesterday, after a failed solo sail in 20 knot winds, I heard Dublin Port Radio tell a ship's captain to watch out for "two fellas in a currach on the South side of the channel". And there they were.


The beautiful, black tarred rounded shape standing out against the commercial background.


I'm trying to get close enough for a good picture, but they are closing fast.


Two hardy men in a canvas covered boat.


Rowing in unison, a great Sunday out on the water.


A few us built a currach many years ago, but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment